Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

my mama always said

When I was growing up my mama always told me that once you become a mom you did not get to do anything by yourself. You do not get to go to the bathroom alone was the main thing she said. This morning while I was in the shower I heard Hannah calling my name. She had brought her Mr. Potato head in the bathroom for me to open the case. I reached out of the shower to open it. I thought she would take it in our room or back to her room. No. She sat on the rug, right beside the shower to play with it. Once I got out she just moved to the carpet near the sink until I finished getting ready. Mama was right, you can do nothing alone as a mom. I wold have it no other way. It is fun to listen to her talk to her toys and sing while she plays. How did she get so big so fast?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

this is SOOO true. Jacqulin turned 10 this year and this year is the first year that there are times I can actually be by myself. Of course, as soon as she finds me she wants to know what I've been doing without her. I have no idea what I did with out her/before her and Luke. I feel like they have always been in my life, I truly don't know how I smiled or laughed before they were here. Children truly are a gift from God.
Keep up the good work Hannah, your mama needs you to keep up with her.