Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 17, 2009

a day of firsts

Today was Hunter's first trip to the pumpkin patch. He seemed to like it. He liked lunch at Chick-Fil-A, but when we got home I thought he felt a little warm. I took his temperature and he had a fever of 101.6. I called the doctor and left a message. He got a little fuss and was not himself. An hour later I took his temp again and it was up to 101.3. When the doctor called I told her he was coughing, had yucky eyes and a fever of 101.3. I told her we were planning to go on vacation tomorrow and I did not want him to have an ear infection on vacation. She said to take him to the ER to be checked out since the office was closed. I gave him some Tylenol and as soon as Derrick got back we left for the ER. He slept on the way there. I was a little freaked out when I got there and was handed a mask to put on him. I tried to keep it on him, but he was not a fan of the mask. As soon as they put us in a room the doctor came in and said she wanted to test him for RSV and the flu. She also said she was not sure that we would be going on vacation. She listened to him and said he was wheezing and wanted a chest x-ray. She checked his ears and said they were fine. YEAH!!! I just knew with his eyes looking so bad his ears would not look good. After all the test and a breathing treatment we were sent home with instructions to go on vacation and to have fun. He has bronchitis. Poor buddy, he just looks like he does not feel well.

No comments: