Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The MIddle Half

I started running two years ago this month. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I still do not really like to run, but I like how I feel after I run. This was my third half marathon. I had my best time, even having to run almost half a mile more because of a wrong turn. I was not the only one of took the wrong turn. The police officer was smiling and saying, "Go this way." He as not very convincing and his car was in the way. I ran the most in this half that I have ever ran at one time. Julia, Sarah and I all stayed together. We decided to stop my watch at 13.1 miles. Our time at that point was 2:35. I was very proud because I wanted to finish in 2:30. Since I had not really trained like I needed to I thought that was pretty good. I know if I trained like I should that I could do 2:30 or a little faster. Dare I say maybe next year? My official time for the 13.509 was 2:41:36 which is 5 minutes faster than last year. I always have to say thanks to Allison and Jeremy for encouraging me to run/exercise and not letting me quit. Thanks Julia for dragging me to the gym when I do not feel like going. I am glad that Amber came back in town to run the race. I did not get a picture with Amber and Allison with my phone but Amber did, so go to her blog to see it.

2 comments:

J Bussell said...

Great job and big improvement over last year. You'll definitely break 2:30 next year!

Amber said...

I should have posed my shirt/medal/bib like that for a picture! I'm convincing Bill to run next year :)