Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 12, 2014

NY day 1

 After we checked in the hotel, had a meeting and showered we headed out to enjoy the city. We are staying in the Bronx so we got to ride the bus then the subway. If you know me well you know I do not do public transportation. Well, I am going to overcome that fear this week for sure. I'm glad I have Derrick with me. I think he has no fear! Our first stop was Grand Central Station. We ate a late lunch here and looked around then headed to Time Square.
 WOW! That is about all I can say about Time Square. I have always thought that I would like to be here for New Year's Eve, but after  seeing how busy and crazy it is in July I'm good to watch it on TV.
 I'm glad Derrick and I get to serve together this week at Graffiti 2 and explore New York. I love doing life with him.
 See the new World Trade Center instantly brought back memories of being in college and 9/11. We are going to the 9/11 Memorial Museum tomorrow.
Deborah told us to ride the ferry at night so we could see the city lights. We thought we should do it tonight because we were not sure if we would be back this way any other nights.
 After teaching first graders about the Statue of Liberty for two years it was neat to see it. I would like to go back sometime and go to statue, but for this trip seeing it was good enough.
 I wish we would have packed a real camera. This is the best my phone would do.
The city is beautiful at night. We had a great first day enjoying the city. We are tired and going to get some rest so we will be ready to worship at Graffiti 2 in the morning.

No comments: