Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

potty training update

Last Friday when I picked Hannah up from "school" her teacher asked me if I had thought about sending her in big girl panties. I told her that I let her wear panties at home, but I make her go to the bathroom every 30 minutes. We decided that I would send her in panties on Monday and we would see what happened. She had one accident on Monday, two accidents on Tuesday, NO accidents on Wednesday (at school), one accident on Thursday, two accidents on Friday. I know it sounds like a lot, but they are only taking her potty every two hours. I guess if she asks to go before they let her. She has not had any accidents today. She even went to the potty without me asking. I heard her calling me and went to find her. (She needed me to wipe her bottom.) She asked to go potty twice in Wal-Mart and was still dry when I put her down for nap. I talked to her teacher on Friday and this is plan she came up with for school: week 1 - bring her in a pull-up, if she stays dry all morning they will put panties on her after nap. Week 2 - bring her in a pull-up and they will give her the choice of panties or pull-up at the first potty break. (Miss Amanda says she always wants panties.) Week 3- nothing but panties, except at naptime. We will see how it works. The only time I have a problem with her having an accident is when we are in the car. If anyone has any suggestions about that, please send them my way. I am very proud of the progress she has made in just a few weeks. I know we will get there, sooner or later.

No comments: