Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

what a summer

Well, I have to go back to work on Wednesday. I have been working in my room some, but summer is officially over for me on Wednesday. Hannah started "school" full time today. She cried for a minute when I dropped her off, but when her teacher asked her to help find the paint brushes, there were no more tears.

We have had a great summer. We are all moved in the house and starting to think about what we are going to do to it. Derrick has stained the steps and they look great. I will have to take a picture to post. Hannah says they are dirty because they are brown.

I feel like she has grown up so much this summer. She no longer takes a paci and now does not ask for it at all. She is potty training and doing well. She does great with us, but at "school" and church she wears a pull-ups and wets it occasionally. Both giving up the paci and potty training have gone way better than I expected. She is learning new things everyday. She can sing lots of songs, ABC's, Old McDonald, Twinkle, Twinkle, Jesus Loves Me, Baa, Baa Black Sheep, Zacchaeus, I'm A Little Tea Pot, Happy Birthday, Mary Had a Little Lamb, etc. (That is all I can think of right now.) She knows her colors, shapes, the letters H, T, K, and Z, and the number 2. She can draw a line, circle, and the letter H. She can count to 13.We can understand 99.9% of what she says. She is also growing physically. She is now 35 inches tall and weighs 28.5 pounds. She is more independent than ever. She has been well since the first of June. She just started sneezing and having a runny nose yesterday. (Derrick says welcome to daycare, I think it is allergies.)

I have enjoyed being home with her all summer. We have also enjoyed Derrick being off and getting to spend time with us. I am sad to go back to work and not be with her everyday, but glad we have made so many good memories this summer. I am sure it will be summer again before we know it.

No comments: