Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Break


Today was my first day of Fall Break. I took both of the kids to school and came home to start on my to do list for the week. I really need to finish my report cards, but decided to clean instead. I cleaned my bathroom, changed the sheets, folded tons of laundry, went through and got things ready for consignment so all I have to do is price them, ate lunch on the porch, caught up on my Bible reading, and straightened our closet. I was about to start dinner when Nana called. I could hear Hunter crying in the background. She said he woke up from his nap with a fever. I called the doctor on my way out the door and they said to bring him in. He was sitting in Nana's lap with a cool cloth on his head. He did not make a sound the whole way to the doctor. When we got there he just sat in my lap. He usually loves to play with the train table, but he did not even try to get up. As soon as the nurse called us back he started crying. I think he remembered the last two times we were at the doctor he got shots. His temp was 100.4. The nurse decided that we should give him some Motrin since he felt so bad. When she came in with the medicine he went crazy. She had to just give it to me and go out so he would stop crying long enough to take the medicine. We had to wait about 45 minutes for the doctor and he sat in my lap the whole time. As soon she looked in his mouth she said yuck. His left tonsil is huge with puss pockets on it. She tested him for strep and said she would be back in about ten minutes. By the time she came back he had eaten a Popsicle and was sitting in the chair beside me reading a book. She said he did not have strep just tonsillitis. She said to give him anything cold to drink and/or eat for the next 3-5 days and he should feel better. She also said to give him Motrin and Tylenol to keep him comfortable. He will be staying home with me tomorrow and Wednesday for sure. I am glad I will get to spend time with him but wish he was not sick. I am going to send Hannah to school tomorrow, but will probably let her stay home so we can all play.

3 comments:

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

Sorry that Hunterbug is not feeling so well!!!

Jacqulin said...

Poor Buddy!!! Hope he feels better!!!

Mike and Nene said...

Grandma Nene sends Hunter bug a big hug and lots of kisses, hope he feels better really quick!