Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 22, 2013

just what I needed

I am loving being on spring break. The kids and I got home from SC yesterday afternoon. We had a lazy morning and I was able to start my day reading my bible. I read it on the iPad and when I clicked on the bible app this was the verse of the day: No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11. I immediately thought about the kids. I feel like some days all I do is discipline them and then we have days like today when they are so good and kind to each other. I really understand now that my parents were telling me the truth when  they said, "This hurts me more than it hurts you." I am a better person because they disciplined me and I pray I am making the kids better people by disciplining them.

This was our verse a couple of months ago in Preschool Worship, aka Skippy. Hunter has learned it and every time he hears the word joyful he has to say it. I love that he is already memorizing scripture.

No comments: