Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 7, 2007

sick

Hannah has had a cough for over a month now. I took her to the doctor on November 28. The doctor said it was just a cold, but that her ears looked great and her chest sounded fine. She said if she was still coughing in a week to bring her back. By Saturday she was not coughing and her nose had quit running. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were good days. When I picked her up on Wednesday she was coughing. I had read an email about putting Vic's on the bottom of your feet and putting socks on if you had a bad cough. I had read this more than once and thought I would give it a try. Well, I think it only made her cough worse. She did not sound wheezy so I was not worried. I called Thursday to check on her at lunch time. Nana said she had been asleep since a little after 10. That is not like her at all. I told her if she still acted like she did not feel well when she got up to call me. Sheri called at 2:30 to tell me that she was awake and was running a fever. I called the doctor and they said to come in. When I got her out of the car at the doctor's office I could hear her wheezing. The doctor said her ears look great but she chest did not sound good. She said it did not sound like pneumonia. She said to give her treatments every four hours and Tylenol or Motrin to treat the fever. If she is still coughing and has a fever on Monday we will go back and get a chest x-ray. She had a fever, 100.8, when I put her down for nap. I hear her coughing every once in a while in her sleep. We are just praying she is better by Monday and that it will not turn into anything major. I am planning on keeping her in all weekend.

No comments: