Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I spoke too soon

When I took Hannah to the doctor for her 4 year old check up I was telling the doctor I could not believe we had made it almost all winter without her being sick. She has had a runny nose a few times but has not been sick like she was her first three winters. This morning I heard her crying. Then I heard her get out of bed and come into our room. I asked her what was wrong and she said her head hurt. I asked her to touch where it hurt and she touched her neck. I asked if her throat hurt and she said yes. She felt warm so I checked her temp and looked at her throat. Her temp was 100.1 and her throat looked awful. I had Derrick look at it too. I called the doctor and she said to take her to a walk in clinic to be checked for strep. Hannah as a little uncertain about going to a "new" doctor. I told her that Dr. Bondurant said it was okay. She did great for the "new" doctor. Sure enough she has strep. The "new" doctor said it would be a good idea to take brother to the doctor in the morning since he has a runny nose and cough. I hate that Hannah is sick and that she went to a birthday party yesterday. I emailed all the mom's and told them. Please prayer that none of the kids who where there get sick, especially Ian, that Hannah will feel better soon, and that Hunter does not get sick. I am glad it is spring break so I can be home with her and not have to use sick days, which are going fast.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, no! I hope she feels better soon. :(

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

Thanks for updating - I am sorry that she has strep!!!! (I am a bit surprised, though, that she didn't get it when Ty got it a couple of weeks ago!) As the doc told me last week, they get excited when it's strep. At least then they know exactly how to treat it and that relief is coming soon!

MeMe said...

So very sorry to hear that Hannah is sick. I pray that the medicine works quickly and that she will feel much better SOON. Give her a special hug, and please tell her we love her. Hope our little Hunter doesn't get it at all. Let us know if we can do anything?

Christie Dillard said...

oh goodness!! tell her i am so sorry and i hope she feels better very soon!