Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

10-11 end of the year program

Today we had our end of the year program and picnic with our kindergartners. This year was the most sad ending for me yet. I am sad for several reasons. I have co-taught with the best person ever, Ruth Saunders, and loved every minute of it. We had hoped to co-teach for many years, but that is not going to work out for next year. Ruth will stay in kindergarten and I will move to first grade. Some of the kids we had this year will not return to our school next year because of rezoning. I am not good at good byes and I felt like today I was having to say good bye to too many sweet kids and parents. I know I do not have to say good bye to my teammates, but it will be sad not having lunch with all of them everyday or planning with them. I am excited to take the kids who are staying at Kelley with me and the chance to build new friendships this year on a new team. Two other kindergarten teachers are going to first grade too. I hope to strengthen my friendship with both of them. Good byes and change are very hard for me, but they do make me a stronger and hopefully better person. Oh, the kids did a great job at the program.

No comments: