Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

 I had a wonderful day. I woke up to Hannah singing me a Mother's Day song she learned at school. She gave me my presents she made at school yesterday. She said, "Mom, I just can't wait to give you this until tomorrow." She was so proud. I always love getting things she makes. Hunter made me a flower pot. I asked him what was in it and he said, "MUD!" We had a good morning at church, a nice lunch, then I read and caught up on a few things while Hunter napped and Hannah played outside, then we all at dinner on the porch. It was finally not to windy to eat outside. I wanted a picture of me with the kids and this is the best we could do. Hunter had been cutting grass with Derrick, which is why he has a hat on. He looks cute in it. I am so happy, blessed, overjoyed, etc. to have Hannah and Hunter. I am glad to be their mom and try to do my best daily. It is the hardest job I have even had, but I sure do enjoy it. I am thankful that my mom set a good example for me. I am also blessed now to have two mother-in-laws in my life who also are good examples to me. I want Hannah and Hunter to love and be as close to their grandma's as I was to mine. I miss Nanny and Ma Dot so much, but hold on to the wonderful memories I have of them. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Moms who are reading this.
 I do not really like this picture of me, but there is a reason I am laughing so hard. We told Hunter to squeeze close to me so we could take the picture. As you can see he is squeezing my neck as hard as he could. He is such a mess!
 Another attempt to get a good picture with all of us looking and smiling. He is saying cheese really big because we told him to smile and he could have some gummies. Hannah looks like she is in pain. She was over having to take pictures.
 Hunter was wearing my shoes around the house tonight. He said they hurt his feet. I told him mine too by the end of the day.
 My flower pot with his little finger prints at the top. I should have taken the picture so the "mud" in the pot was showing.
 My magnet with Hannah and I drawn on it by her, bag of tea, and card she painted with watercolors.
Hand prints

The poem by the flower is really sweet. I love anything with the kids hand/finger prints on it.

This is my favorite. I love when kids have to describe their mom's. She is pretty good at knowing what I like and telling things we do. I love that she thinks I am good at running. She is a great source of encouragement for me.

No comments: