Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

just so I do not forget

Hunter is talking so much. I did not want to forget some of the funny things he says.

This afternoon Derrick was looking at some pictures on the computer. Hunter was in the floor playing and then left the room. A few minutes later he came back and said, "Daddy, see the girl in the mud. Yuck dirty in the mud." Derrick just shook his head. I guess we need to keep in mind that Hunter is always watching. (Derrick was looking at pictures of a friends little girl at the beach. Hunter thought the sand was mud.)

I heard Hunter at the basement door. I looked and he had put his socks and shoes on all by himself so he could go downstairs and see Uncle Kyle. The funny part was that he did not have any pants on. His pants he wore to church were too big. He still had on his button up shirt with a onesie and then his socks pulled up to his knees and shoes. He even had them on the right feet. Too funny!

After dinner he said, "Mama I play with play-doh." I asked him where it was and he said, "Right there on the table. You can get it down." I got it and gave it to him. He said, "Thank you Mama." Such a sweet boy.


While I was getting him out of the bathtub he was singing. I asked him what he was singing and he said, "That the book for me, I stand, BIBLE!" I started singing the B-I-B-L-E and he sang along with me. I have never sang it to him until tonight. I guess he has been singing it at church.


I love that he will carry on a conversation with us now. We never have to wonder what he wants or is thinking. There are still some times that we can't understand everything he is saying, but most of the time we can.

On a side note, at lunch today he ate a few chips with salsa then wanted me to hold him. I told him I would hold him until our food came. He laid his head down and gave Debbie his hand to rub. It was not 10 minutes and he was sound asleep. I loved getting to hold him while he slept. He stayed asleep until we left the restaurant and started walking to Dick's. The wind blew and he sat up and said, "COLD outside."

No comments: