Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

first attempt

 I love to read blogs. While reading Kelly's Korner I came across a blog, on her blog, All About the COOKIES. I decided I wanted to learn to make cookies like the ones on her blog. I love sweets and sugar cookies with icing are one of my favorite non-chocolate desserts. While reading the All About the COOKIES blog I found on her blog Bake at 350 and I am really hooked now. I added both of these blogs to my blog roll. I still have to do a little more research and get a few more tools, but I thought these turned out pretty good for a first attempt. I also bought a Cupcake book at the book fair at my school that I want to try to make as well. When I make my first batch of fun cupcakes I will be sure to blog about it. Growing up always remember my mom making Kyle and I wonderful cakes for our birthdays. She makes really good cakes and can decorate them really well too. She also make candy suckers and pieces that we took to school for holidays. I want to be able to make something for Hannah and Hunter to take to school to their friends. My mom and Derrick have the birthday cakes under control. I just tell them what kind of cake I want and they make it. I had a great time making the cookies and it was fun for Hannah to help. I hope to make a lot more this summer, but I will have to find people to give them too. I do not need to eat all of them and trust me, I could.

 Taste tester #1. Approved.
Taste tester #2. Approved.

Uncle Kyle tasted them too and did not seem to dislike them. He did get one of the harder ones so I will have to let me taste the next batch.

No comments: