Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

potty training day one - take two

 First, I love how cute he is. He was enjoying his Popsicle that he got for going potty.
 He calls this his "weeder" with doubles as a "backpack blow" like Dad's.
 Another little snack for going potty.
The big prize at the end of the day. 


Hunter was up bright and early this morning, 6:15am. As soon as he was up and told him to go potty and we put on big boy underwear. He went straight to the door to see Dad and Papa working. As he was standing there he said, "I peed!" I grabbed him and put him on the potty. He ate breakfast and then went to play. While he was playing he said, "I poop!" Then ran to his potty. He had pooped a little but did finish in the potty. He got high fives, hugs, kisses, and a sucker. We went back to playing. He was playing cars and said again, so proudly, "I peed!" I once again ran him to the potty so he could finish and he did. More high fives, hugs, getting to tell Dad and Papa. Back to playing and I noticed he had a concerned look on his face. We ran to the potty and this time make it in time. He peed and pooped. HURRAY for HUNTER!!!! I let him have another sucker and go outside to tell Dad and Papa. He was so proud. I let me stay outside and kept telling him, "Hunter tell mom if you have to go potty." He learned quickly that when he went potty he got a prize. He would strain to get out the smallest amount of pee pee for a prize. He woke up dry from nap and went potty when he got up. He did not have any accidents the rest of the day until right before bed. He would say, "I pee" as he was doing it, but would finish in the potty. His big prize at the end of the day was a Frosty, which he really enjoyed. I know this is a process and he will get it.

No comments: