Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

big day for the Hood kids


 This picture really has nothing to do with Hunter's big day, but I thought he looked so cute with his glasses on his shirt just like his Dad. I could just eat him up.
 Getting the stitches out was just as easy as having them put in. Dr. Freeman asked him if he could lay down and he said yes and did. She said several times has impressed she was that he did so well. He is such a good boy.
 Here is the booboo with just the "scat" on it. He was feeling his head after the stitches were out and asked me what that was. I told him it was a scab and that it would go away soon. He went into this whole story about Derrick putting a crab on his head and Coopers head when we were at the beach. I fell out. I told him it was a scab, not a crab. He said, "Oh I have a scat on the front back of my head."
 Since we were at the doctor I figured it was as good a time as any to get flu shots. Hannah was very calm when I told her. I told her she could choose a shot or the mist in her nose. Of course she choose the mist. Hunter whimpered for for second then wiped his eyes and gladly took his Popsicle from Nurse Heather.
 After the doctor we went to the Y, then to SubWay for dinner, then finally home. Hunter asked for bubbles and since he had been so good I could not say no. Once again, he is just so cute.
 Hannah has been working hard to learn the 40 sight words she needs to know. On Friday Mrs. Smith said she was only missing a few. We practiced them several times this weekend. We have not practiced sounds much at all, but she knew a lot of them going into Kindergarten, thanks to her good Pre-K teacher. At lunch Mrs. McKendree came in and said she saw Hannah putting her cookie in the hallway. She is one smart cookie. I went to see her when I picked up my class from lunch to tell her I was proud of her. Once I got back to my classroom and was teaching math I heard her say, "Mom!" I turned to see her holding her Grand Prize paper for knowing all of her sounds. She was beaming and so was I. Thanks Mrs. Smith for letting her come share the good news. I know she will be reading lots more independently soon. Hannah we are so proud of you! Keep working hard.
I was taking a picture of her papers while she was doing her homework and she said, "Mom, do you want me to hold them and you can take my picture with them." I told her I would love to. Look how proud she is.


1 comment:

J Bussell said...

Awesome! Great job Hannah!