Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

the ride to church

This morning on the way to Hannah noticed that there were LOTS of flags at the fire station that we pass every time we go to church. She asked what they were for. I thought for a minute before I told her anything. It never hit me until this morning that I would have to tell her about that horrible day 10 years ago. I like that she does not have to know about all the bad things that go on in the world. I think to think that Derrick and I keep her pretty sheltered and protected in her little 5 year old world. I finally told her there was a bad wreck 10 years ago and a lot of people got hurt and killed and today we were remembering those people. She was ok with that. I did not want to tell her it was a planes that wrecked since Uncle Kyle was flying on a plane today and Derrick has to fly for work at times. When she is a little older I am sure we will tell her all about it and I am sure it will be in the history books she will have in school. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years. I will always remember exactly where I was and I think it will always make me sad and teary to watch/hear about it.

One a much lighter note. Hunter decided to share with us that he knows a bible verse. As we  were talking he said, "Be kind one to another." Hannah and I both said he knows a bible verse. I asked him where he learned that verse and he said school and church. Since he brought it up we had a nice little discussion what being kind looked like. I asked him if sharing was kind and he said yes. I asked him if biting and hitting were kind and he said no. I am proud of him for knowing his bible verse and what being kind is. I recorded him saying the verse because I think his little voice is so sweet. Enjoy.

No comments: