Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Country Music Half Marathon




I did something this weekend I thought I would never do. I ran/walked a half marathon. That is 13.1 miles. I started running in November. Thanks to some encouragement from Allison and Jeremy. I am really thankful they encouraged me to run, which I thought I would never do, much less enjoy. I am proud that I finished and thankful that Julia trained with me and stuck with me during the race. She could have finished much faster, but would not leave me. We finished in 2:49. The hills were hard and my legs did not want to go good this morning. I wish I could have run more. I am going to keep training and I hope to run the whole 13.1 miles in October. Derrick and Mark came to see us cross the finish line. We were thankful to be dropped off at the starting line and picked up at the finish line. Susan and Stephanie came out to cheer us on. We did stop for a second for them to take our picture. We were afraid we were going to get ran over. Thanks for coming to cheer us on.

After coming home and getting a shower Julia, Derrick and I went back downtown to a Surprise 60th birthday party for Auburn's dad. It was a great time of celebration. We ran as part of the Hot Rob's Hustlers. I am glad I was able to be a part of the team. Thanks to everyone who made a donation to our team. To read the whole story about Auburn's dad click here.

After leaving the party we went to see Kyle. He had a pic line put in this morning. I hope that just means he is one step closer to getting the infection in his leg cleaned up.

I am thankful that Grandpa Mike and Grandma Nene came help with the kids this weekend while I did the race and went to the party. Thanks for coming and I know Hannah and Hunter had a great time.

No comments: