Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

update on Kyle

Kyle came through surgery well. He is in a lot of pain, but still gave me a smile before I left. I have to admit I was a little sick feeling driving back to Vanderbilt tonight. I still remember the night of his wreck very clearly in my mind. I was so glad to hear him talking as the nurse brought him into his room. I could tell he was hurting, but was so happy that he was not hooked up to anything except one IV. I was good to talk to him and be about to hug him and have him hug me back. I hate that he had to have surgery, but I am thankful that Dr. Mitchell is looking out for his best interest. I said prayers with him before I left and was so glad that he was able to hear the prayer and respond to me. I still do not like leaving him in the hospital, but it was much easier leaving tonight with him awake than it was in August when I had to leave him not knowing if he would wake up. God has taught me a lot about faith through these last, almost 8 months. I thank Him for bringing Kyle this far and for what he will continue to do in his life. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.

No comments: