Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

letters

After reading Ty's blog I was curious to know what letters Hannah knew. Today she was really quiet and when I went to check on her she was playing with her letter blocks. I asked her to hand me the letters she knew. Here is what she knew:
A - Apple Annie
B - she does not say anything that starts with it
C - cat
D - Dad, dog
H - Hannah
K - Uncle Kyle (she does not say K, just Kyle's name)
M - Mom
N - Nana, Nene
O - she says that is a big O and makes her arms into an O shape
P - Papa (she does not say P, just Papa)
Q - she says a bird starts with Q
S - Sidney
T - Ty, Target
X - she does not say anything that starts with it.

Wow! I was impressed. I have some kindergartens who do not know this many letters. We will keep working with her, I would love for her to know all her letters and most of her sounds before starting kindergarten.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that she says Target with T! That is our favorite place too!