Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

What is an anniversary?

Derrick and I were going out to get dessert tonight and Hannah of course asked WHY. I told her it was our anniversary. She then asked what is an anniversary? I told her it is the day we celebrate when mom and dad got married. All she was worried about then was if I wore a pretty princess dress. I should show her our wedding video. Uncle Kyle kept Hannah while Derrick and I went to run some errands and get dessert. I really wanted the Girl Scout Cookie blast from Dairy Queen, but we went to Sonic since it was closer. I enjoyed a molten chocolate bundt cake. This was the first sweet I have had since July 1. I am giving up sweets until I loose all my baby weight, but since it was a special occasion I decided to eat some dessert. It was really good!!!!

I was glad to spend the whole day with Derrick on our seven year anniversary. I love him more today than I did when I married him. He is not only my best friend, but a wonderful husband and the greatest dad is the world. I am looking forward to many, many, many more years together. We will go out to celebrate our anniversary this weekend when my parents are here to keep the kids. I think that will be our first date since Hunter has been born. We need to work on that.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

You are an answer to prayer for my son and grandchildren. Your marriage and love for each other is something I won't ever take for granted. I praise God and thank him for both of you and the way you continue to make your lives better each day together and for your whole family. We love you.