Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

my ear hurts

That is what Hannah woke up crying at 12:15 this morning. She got in the bed with us and went to sleep until 3 when she woke up crying again, "My ear is hurting." She pointed to the same ear both times and told me it hurt on the inside. I gave her Tylenol and she finally went back to sleep about 3:45 and slept until about 7:15. When she woke up we asked her if her ear still hurt. She said, "Yes but it will feel better when I get up." I called the doctor at 8 and we got an appointment for 8:30. The doctor said she was a little wheezy and fluid in both ears but they were not infected. She said the right tube was in place, but the left tube was starting to come out. Friday, two weeks ago tomorrow, when I took her the doctor said neither tube was in place. The only reason she could give for her crying and saying her ear hurt was that she may feel the tube coming out if her ears are sensitive. She wants us to treat her with drops, if her ear stars draining and we have to start back on the albuterol for the wheezing. I just pray the tube comes out without hurting and that her ears do not get infected. (I also pray for a good night sleep, for all of us.)

1 comment:

Allison Bussell said...

Cooper has been complaining about one of his ears too, and the tube is coming out of it. I bet that's what was bothering Hannah too.