Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

NO SCHOOL

I did not have school today because of the extreme cold. Yeah!! I had planned on taking Hannah to school so I could get some work done. Well, my plans changed. When she got up this morning I noticed a rash on her chest. When I got ready to bathe her she was covered from her chest to the top of her legs. I called the doctor and they said to bring her in since she had a rash and a temp of 99.8. As soon as the nurse looked at her she said, "Oh, she has strep." She did a strep test and sure enough, she has strep. She has not complained at all. She has not eaten great this week and threw up a little Wednesday night, but did not run a fever until today. I felt terrible that I did not know she was even sick. The doctor said her lungs sound great and her ears look great, but that neither tube is in place. She gave us an antibiotic and said the rash should be gone in a few days. I know that she is not feeling great today because she asked to get in the bed to "rest," which is what she calls sleeping. I am glad I had the day off so I could be home to take care of her. I the things I need to get done, will still be waiting on me. I have given her one dose of medicine and will give her another at dinner, so hopefully by tomorrow she will feel much better.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor thing! I hope she feels better soon. We made a trip to the pediatrician yesterday too, yuck.