Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

my morning with Hannah

When I woke up this morning at 6:30 there was a sweet little girl laying beside me. Derrick said she came and got in the bed with us at 3am. We all slept until about 7:30 when she announced, "It is time to wake up and eat pancakes for breakfast." After she gave Dad a couple of kisses he got up and fixed her some pancakes. (We tell her we can't get up without a kiss from her.) She told me that she did not need a bath before we went to school. I had told her that she could go to school with me to do a little work. She said, "I want to go to your school, but I want to watch Barney shapes." After we got ready we went to school for a little while. She was very good so I could do a little work. She watched two Barney's and then said, "I think it is time to go eat lunch now, we can come back later." I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she replied, "I would like a hot dog on a stick, like I had the other day." Since she had been good and asked so nicely I took her to Sonic to get a "hot dog on a stick." When we were leaving Sonic she said, "Hey where is my shake?" I asked her what a shake was. She said, "A milkshake, and I want chocolate." I told her if she took a good nap and was good for Dad he might take her to get one tonight. She ate and good lunch and then played a little Wii with Dad before laying down for a nap. (I will post the video of that later.) She is in her bed in her "new" room. She just said, "Mom I do not want a milkshake, I just like to wake up." This is the second day in a row she has not taken a nap. I need her to still nap, hopefully going back to school next week will help her get back to wanting a nap. I enjoy spending time with her. She is great to talk to and carries on the funniest conversations. I wish I could just record her for a day and share it with everyone, you would laugh a lot. I am sad that it is almost time to go back to school. I have enjoyed my time with her and Derrick. We have a limited number of days left to spend with just her. That makes me excited and a little sad at the same time. I know we will keep making great memories. Thanks for letting me share them.

4 comments:

Robin said...

OH!!!! I love it. I can't wait for Marla to start carrying on conversations like that. Good luck starting back to school. Love y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

You will continue to make GREAT MEMORIES!!!! You will just have a SON to ADD to those memories!! Trust me the memories you and Derrick will have with Hannah and Hunter will ALWAYS be with you and you will ALWAYS CHERISH those memories!!! Your daddy and I still share MEMORIES of you and Kyle when you were both little and as you have grown into THE WONDERFUL ADULTS you are today!! WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!! We love Derrick and now we will not only have a GRANDDAUGHTER to love but a GRANDSON as well!!!!
Nana & Papa

Melanie and Josh said...

Just like "Marla's Mom" I can't wait for Jack to start carryog on conversations like that!Hannah just sounds so grown up and matter of fact! You can tell she's the child of a teacher! :) (from one teacher to another!)

Sarah said...

How fun to be able to chat with her like that! She will be such a great big sister!