Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

my nerves can't take this

Hunter is going to be all boy. This morning about 4am I heard him stirring in his bed. I got up to go to the bathroom and then I was going to go check on him. While I was in the bathroom I heard him let out a LOUD cry and Derrick running down the hall. When Derrick got to his room Hunter was in the floor at his door. Yep, he flipped out of his bed!!!! I think we were all in shock. As soon as Derrick picked him up he stopped crying. He was happy to be in the bed with us. We checked him out, asked him to clap his hands, had him follow our fingers, he laughed, looked around, and wanted to play. We talked for a few minutes about taking him to the emergency room. We kept feeling his head and there were no bumps on it. We did not want him to go back to sleep so we kept him up until 5am. I held him and got him back to sleep before I got up to get ready for work. He slept good until we got him up to get ready for daycare. He took his treatment and was ready to play. We still did not have a bump on his head and seemed fine. I told Nana when I dropped him off about our eventful morning and asked her to please call me if he acted different in any way. I called the doctor when they opened at 7:30am. The receptionist was really nice, but I can't say the same for the nurse who called me back. I am going to talk to our doctor when we go back and let her know my feelings about the nurse who called. Anyway, I did not take him in because he was fine. Derrick said it was a miracle that he did not get hurt. I told him it was like Jesus caught him and kept him safe. We are thankful that he did not get hurt. He no longer had bumper pads and his mattress is a low as it goes. Now he can pull up and look out but not over the side of the crib. He sure did give us a scare and we are very thankful that he did not get hurt. Lesson learned: if he can pull up to his knees he can probably pull up to standing, so lowering the bed sooner would have been a great idea.

2 comments:

Mike and Nene said...

Oh WOW, the little man is getting too big too fast. I know you were scared to death but you are right, God constantly watching over our little ones to keep them save.

Before you know it he will probably be jumping out, heaven forbid.

Glad all is well, I will be saying some "different" prayers for Hunter bug for a little while LOL.

Love you little adventurer boy,
Nene

MeMe and PopPop said...

Looks like we might need to see about getting you a bungee cord for your birthday, Hunter. You have started living on the edge very early! :-) I guess you must have flipped over and landed on your feet first. We are glad that you are okay and very thankful that you didn't get hurt. These kind of stunts are really scary for mom and dad, so please be more careful!