Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

our Valentine's day




We started today with breakfast at Panera. After a good breakfast we went to church. After church we had to drop off consignment stuff, since it was the last day to do so. While I waited on my stuff to be checked in Derrick and the kids went to Costco and Wendy's for lunch. I am proud of him for taking both kids out by himself. He is a great Dad. They did get me some lunch to eat on the way home. When we got home we tried to transfer the kids from the car to their beds, which did not work. I ran to Target then came home so Derrick could go to the grocery store and by a friends house. Hunter decided to take a late nap. We all finally all sat down together about 8pm to open our cards we had for each other. Hannah had made all of us cards with Nana. They were precious. Thanks Nana for making cards with her. Hunter was not very into the cards, but loved the paper. Hannah enjoyed opening her cards. It was nice to spend the day as a family and we loved all the hugs and kisses Hannah and Hunter gave. I hope that all of you had a great Valentine's Day as well.

Just a side note, today would have been MaDot's 78th birthday. It was a little sad not buying a birthday card for her and getting a card just for Papa Charlie. I know it was a hard day for him. I could not help but think that MaDot was having the best Birthday and Valentine's of us all. I miss her way more than I thought I would, but rest in the fact that I know I will see her again.

2 comments:

Mike and Nene said...

We love you all too!

Mike and Nene

Meme said...

There is never enough time to enjoy the ones we love, Ma Dot was a very special person, and she has left behind a beautiful granddaughter to carry on the generous heart she always had for other people. I know you will miss her more and more, but I also believe that you will continue to make her proud as you live a wonderful life that would be most pleasing to her. She will always be a cherished blessing to you.