Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

conversations in the car

I love the things the kids say in the car. These are just a few of the conversations from our week.

Hannah: Mom when I grow up I am going to have you and Dad some grandkids.
Me: Oh, you are?
Hannah: Yes I am going to have a boy named John and  girl named Grace.
Me: Well those are nice names. Why did you choose those names?
Hannah: I just like them. Can you put it on song 3. It is my favorite.

While driving to church it was quiet in the car, which never happens. All of the sudden Hunter says, "Mom I really love you!" I told him I really love him to as my heart melted and I smiled really big. He is so sweet.

Another day we were driving home from the Y.
Hunter: Mom did you have good exercises?
Me: Yes Hunter I did, thanks for asking.
Hunter: I had fun playing at the Y. I really like it there.
Me: I am glad you had fun and like it.
Hunter: Tomorrow when it is spring we can go outside to play on the playground.
Me: Well, Buddy it will not be spring tomorrow but when it is you can play on the playground.

This morning on the way to school we were talking about the weather.

Hannah: There is a chance it might snow today.
Me: I really hope it does. I like snow days.
Hunter: Can I see it snow?
Hannah: It is not snowing now Buddy.
Me: Maybe it will snow this afternoon and we will not have to go to school on Friday.
Hunter: I like to go to school.
Me: I know you do and school is really fun.
Hannah: Can we pray and ask Jesus to make it snow.
Me: ABSOLUTELY! You can ask Jesus for anything but He does not always give us the answer we want.
Hannah: I will ask Him tonight.
Hunter: Jesus can you make it snow?
Me: You can talk to Jesus anytime, not just at night.
Hannah: I will ask Him in a little while.

It did snow this afternoon and it REALLY cold. I am not sure if it is enough to get us out of school, but it was really pretty to watch. I hope you are able to have such fun conversations in your car.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

I am going to do a "Hannah" - I Love, Love, Love, Love this!