Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Zoo Run, Run

 Hannah was so excited to run her first "big" race today. She has only done one other race last year and it was the 1 mile fun run. She loved it and won third for her age. I thought the Zoo Run would be a good run since lots of kids do it. I made sure I explained to her that there would be a lot of people and that we would not win this race. She took the news pretty well and said that she would still try. I think she looks so grown up with her hair in a ponytail.

I am not sure what I am looking at but this is the best picture Derrick took of us. I am glad she wanted to run and we had a good time running. She ran the first mile without stopping. A little past the mile mark she asked to walk. From that point we did a combination of walking, running and skipping. I think she talked the whole time. I loved spending that time with her. We finished in 43 minutes. We did have to stop once to take her picture with the flamingos, it is phone. She thought it was fun that so many teachers from school where doing the race to. I hope this is our first of many 5k's to run together.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

We are so proud of you both! This is a wonderful thing for you to both do together and will make lovely memories for you both.