Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hunter decided to come

Dr. Smallwood made it just in time to deliver Hunter.
Hunter is a good eater.
My thought: WOW that was the hardest thing I have ever done, but he was worth every pain.
Look at that sweet face.


I guess all I needed to do was say he was never going to come out. I woke up this morning at 3:41 am and my back was killing me. I woke Derrick up and he got me some water to see if that would help. It did not. Derrick went ahead and got in the shower I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got a few small things together to take to the hospital. We left the house at 4:20 am and my contractions were becoming very regular, strong and close together. When we got to the hospital and checked in the I told the nurse I felt like he was coming. She said okay let me check you and we will see. She checked me and said, "Wow you are a 9 3/4." She called down and said, "We need a delivery room, NOW!" They quickly moved me to a delivery room where they told me there was no time for an epidural. That had been my biggest fear was that I would get to the hospital and be too far along to get an epidural. They said they could try but it probably would not work, I told them fine, just get him out. At 5:17am he was born. Having him with no drugs was not easy, but not as bad as I had imagined it would be. He weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. We were glad to see Hunter Michael Hood, even though it was very early in the morning.

2 comments:

the harnist family said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!

Sarah said...

You are a trooper! I am so happy for you all!