Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

update on Hunter

I really think he is never coming out. The doctor said I am measuring 38 weeks and listened to his heart beat. I am glad Derrick was with me because I thought to myself, is she sure she heard it. He said he was not sure he did. She said I am dilated to 4.5. I asked if that was enough for her to send me to the hospital to have him. She laughed and said no. She said she can't schedule an induction until 39 weeks, which will be next week. She did say that she is on call this weekend so if I start having contractions to come to the hospital and she will not send me home and will break my water. We will see. I would like to be able to go to the Easter Egg hunt with Hannah on Saturday, so Saturday night would be a great time to go into labor. I would also like him to be born on April 5 since Hannah was born on March 5. I also know that I am not in control of when he comes.

This morning Hannah was rubbing my belly and talking to Hunter. I asked her what she thought he would look like. She said he would have brown hair like mine and blue eyes like her. I can't wait to see what he looks like. Derrick thinks he will look just like Hannah and my mom, Nana, thinks he will look like me, brown hair and brown eyes.

Last night when I was getting Hannah ready for bed this was our conversation

Hannah: Mom, I do not want to sleep in my big girl bed.
Me: Why not? Where will you sleep?
Hannah: I want to sleep in Hunter's bed.
Me: We do not have Hunter's bed ready yet.
Hannah: Yes you do, in your room.
Me: No that is the pack n play and you are too big for it.
Hannah: I will just lay in it and not break it.

I was so sad to put her in her big girl bed. I think she finally realizes that Hunter is coming to our house and she will no longer be the baby. I know she will love him, but think she may have a harder time adjusting than I thought.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

I know you are sad about Hannah but she will adjust to change, it is a part of life. Times will be difficult but there will also be so much joy to offset the difficulties.

You are such great parents you will guide Hannah on this next amazing stage of your lives.