Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

weight check #2

Hunter did not gain weight this week. He was down to 6.5 pounds. The doctor wants him to keep nursing, but follow each feeding with formula. I am sad and frustrated that after all of the feedings we have does this week that he did not gain weight. I am just not making enough milk. I will meet with a lactation consultant and see what she says. Until then we will give him formula to help them get the extra calories he needs to grow. I just want him to gain weight, even it means giving him bottles. He goes back to the doctor next Thursday for his 2 week check up.

Hannah went with us to "get weighted" and when we pulled up she said, "I will share my doctor with Hunter." She likes getting to watch him in the car and gives us the play by play of what he is or is not doing while we ride. She is a GREAT big sister!

1 comment:

MeMe said...

Hunter will become Hannah's other half and vise versa. I never doubted how much she would adore him, and he will soon realize that he feels her the same way towards her. I am very happy that they have each other to share their lives, hopes, and dreams together. It is the greatest gift you could have given them right now and for a very long time to come -- that special love between a brother and a sister!!