Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

our day without Dad






Derrick went with the 5th graders from church to the Creation Museum this weekend, so I had the kids by myself for the first time today. Last night Uncle Kyle hung out with us to help. Thanks Uncle Kyle for helping. We started the day at 6:45 when Hannah woke up. I talked her into getting in the bed with me, but that only lasted about 30 minutes. After I fed Hunter I fixed Hannah and I breakfast, cinnamon rolls YUM!!! I got her and Hunter dressed, I got ready. I only took until 11am, but we made it out the door. We went to the school so she could play on the playground. She had fun and Hunter took a nap. We left the playground and went to Sonic to get a drink, since it was so hot outside. On our way to Sonic we saw Mrs. Jenn and Alan outside. We stopped by to see them on our way back to our house. We had a nice visit and then headed home to eat lunch. We ate outside even though it was very windy. Hannah ate a good lunch and Hunter slept. When Hannah went down for a nap Hunter woke up to eat. He ate and went back to sleep. Since they were both sleeping I started cleaning up the house. After naps we played outside, played inside, read some books and watched a movie. Hannah went to bed pretty good. She was sad that Dad was not home yet. She has only gotten up twice. She and Hunter are both sleeping now and I am waiting on Derrick to get home. We had a good day, but sure did miss having Dad at home. He is a big help and I am very thankful for all of his help with the kids.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

It's nice to have this kind of playground so close to your home. They are just TOO sweet together. I know you are enjoying both of them, even though it is a lot more work. There is a whole different dimension to your life now, and I believe you are loving this and wouldn't trade it for anything. I just wish we lived closer so we could experience them more often, but we greatly appreciate all that you continue to share through the blog with us. We love you!