Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Hannah had been working on things all week at school for Mother's Day. She would tell me everyday last week that she made something but could not tell me what it was. She also kept telling me they were making things for special moms. I asked her if that meant she was making me something. She said, "No you are not a special mom, you are my mom." I am not sure how I feel about that. This is a picture of all the things she made for me. I almost cried reading the poem with her handprints. She was so proud as I looked at each thing and liked telling me about each one. I wish I would have recorded it or at least taken a picture of her face. I have a picture in my mind that I will never forget for her sweet, proud little face.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

Hannah really worked hard all week on all these precious things for your Mother's Day surprise. She is a very giving child, and she was so excited. I would say she knows that you are the most special mother in the whole world to her and Hunter. She loves you with all her heart and beamed with happiness as you looked at each accomplishment that she had proudly made with her hands. It was all I could do not to cry with you because it brought back a flood of all the memories of Derrick when he was a little boy, and I was getting the same kind of treasures myself. This was not so long ago either--just like yesterday. Cherish each and every moment, and enjoy them while you still have them under you wing right there at home with you. These days are golden, but they are fleeting fast and won't last forever. You are blessed beyond measure!