Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

random things Hannah says about school

Sunday on the way to church she was telling me a story. I said something to Derrick and she said, "Excuse me, Mom, I am telling you a story." I told her I was sorry and that I was listening to her. She said, "Good, if you are not a good listener during circle time, you will get your name in the sad face box." I told her I did not want my name in the sad face box. I asked her what happened if you got your name in the sad face box. She said that you have to sit out when it is time to go outside and play. I asked her if she ever got her name in the sad face box. She said no and named all the kids in her class who do. She did not name Ty so I asked if he ever got his name in the sad face box. She said, "No, me and Ty are good and do not get our names in the sad face box." I find it hard to believe that she has never had her name in the sad face box. I will have to ask about it when I see one of her teachers. (They have both been gone when I get there to pick her up in the afternoons.)

Yesterday on the way home from school I asked her what she learned. She said, "Mrs. Priscilla told us the best story today. It was The Three Bears." I asked her to tell me the story. She said, "Goldilocks went to the bears house when they were not home. She ate their curds, sat in their chairs, and slept in their beds. When the bears came home they watched her run away into the bushes." I asked her what Goldilocks said about daddy bears chair. She told me there was not a daddy bear. I asked her who the big bear was. She said, "He is the father bear." I told her daddy is another name for father just like mom is another name for mother. I was very impressed, that for the most part, she could retell the whole story.

On her daily paper Monday it said to bring your favorite zoo animal for show and tell on Wednesday. I asked her what her favorite zoo animal was. She thought for a minute and then said a Kola bear. I knew she had one with her zoo animal ABC set, so I told her to find it. She found the bag of animals and dug it out. She brought it to me and said, "Here is my Kola and it starts with a K." I can't wait to go get her and see what she told the class about it. I asked her what she was going to tell her friends about the Kola bear and she would not tell me anything.

She loves to be the teacher! Where does she get that from? She collects a stack of books and then comes to where you are. She asks you to sit down. She puts a book in her lap and says, "What are we learning about?" I always say, "I don't know." She then holds her hand up to then mouth and whispers, "Say rainbows." I say, "Rainbows." She says, "Good job, that is right." She then reads the book. She is getting really good at looking at the pictures and making up her own story, if it is a book we have not read 800 times that she has memorized. After the story she says it is time to sing the rainbow song. The words are never the same so I have not learned the rainbow song yet.

I love that she can tell me everything she does at school. I like to listen to her playing school wither her babies or stuffed animals and hear all that is said at school. She is good at using different tones of voice and of course talking with her hands.

1 comment:

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

I totally missed that the "show and tell" was supposed to be about a "zoo animal". Oh well!