Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

my big girl

I am so proud of Hannah. Derrick had to be a work early yesterday and today, so I have been getting Hannah ready for school. She can do most of the getting ready by herself. This morning I fixed her breakfast and put her at the table to eat. I went to take a shower while she was eating and told her when she was finished to get down and go get dressed. She did just that. She came in the bathroom to tell me she got one of Hunter's baby wipes to wipe her hands and mouth, then she went to get dressed. She asked me to help her put her shirt on and to tie her shoes. Not only did she get dressed, but she put her plate in the sink and her cup back in the refrigerator. She told me what she wanted for lunch as I packed it. Then out the door we went. She carries her lunch box and holds the door so I can get Hunter. She climbs in the car and in her seat all by herself. She also puts her arms through the belts in her seat and buckles the top. She says the bottom is too hard and she needs Derrick or I to do it. I am glad we can still do a few things for her. I am glad she is so independent, but it makes me a little sad that she does not need my help as much.

No comments: