Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

will I survive

I keep asking myself if I will survive Hannah being 3? I am not sure. Last night at dinner I said, "Hannah that is not how we hold our cup. It will spill on you if you hold it that way." She responded, "Mom, you just worry about yourself." With attitude in her voice. WHAT!?!?! Who knew at 3 they could talk back, I thought that would not start until she was at least 6.

Today she was a little whinny when we got home from school. I told her I needed her to be a big girl and help me with Hunter. She was wonderful!!! She talked to him and gave him his paci while I cooked dinner. She helped me bathe him. She washed his belly and rinsed him off while I held him up. She got herself undressed for her bath and dressed herself for bed. When I called her to come to the bathroom she said, "Yes mam, I am coming. I am being a good listener and obeying." Is this the same child who was so ugly last night.

I will hope for more days like we had tonight. She is a good girl and so helpful when she wants to be. I hope she will want to be that way this summer, if not I have a feeling it is going to be a long summer.

3 comments:

Melissa Rice said...

Welcome to the world of girls! Moody one day, wonderful the next! It never ends!

Deborah said...

What you forgot is that Hannah thinks she is 6. She is so grown up.
I love it. She is so sweet and is being a great big sister. If she can just always love him this much then you can put up with a little big of back talking.
You will survive, you are doing a great job with both of these angels.

MeMe said...

You will survive; and one day, that will come sooner than you think, you will look back and laugh and wish you had them all back again. You are a great mother to these little precious grandchildren of mine--the very best. Hannah is learning to speak her mind, and eventually she will figure out when and when not to say exactly what she thinks. Right now her mouth opens, and it all comes out before she realizes what she has said; but I know you will help her correct this little glitch so that in time she can and will become the perfect little southern lady! :-) Thank you for always sharing her unique qualities. She really is THE most wonderful big sister--more pleasing than we ever dreamed. I am so proud of her, and her loving spirit is to be admired. Hang in there and continue being the model parent that you always are to them both!