Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hunter is 6 weeks old



I can't believe he is already six weeks old. He has had a busy day so far. He went to the doctor with me and was very good, other than a huge poopy diaper. I am not complaining I am just glad we have the pooping issues under control. Then we went to meet Aunt Debbie for lunch. He fell asleep in the car, after some minor fussing, but woke up to see her. Now we are home and he is napping, on his belly of course. He is getting some rest so he will be ready to show Papa and Nana his big sweet smile.

He is getting so big. I think he is growing faster than Hannah did. He is still a good baby. He has turned into a very hungry boy. For the past few days he has taken up to six ounces at a time. Sometimes he will still only take three but no less. A growing boy needs some food. Derrick put his crib together today and we are going to work in his room some later. I think he would sleep fine in his room, but that sure is a long way from me. I just feel better with him sleeping in our room, so I can hear him breath/sigh/grunt and it is not so far to walk should he wake up and want to eat in the middle of the night. He is staying awake longer now, which Hannah loves. She always says, "Look he is smiling at me!"

2 comments:

MeMe said...

Glad everything went okay for you at the doctor. I know Hunter will be much happier when he is kept closer to you, too. Just take it slow and enjoy him the most you possibly can. He doesn't need to grow up any faster than he has to right now. Hannah will be so excited when he starts laughing out loud and trying to talk to her. I can just hear her giggle at him already. I am happy to hear that he is eating and pooping and doing so well. He has some excellent caretakers--the very best mom and dad and big sister ever!

Anonymous said...

6 weeks already???? No way! Doesn't it fly? Today I put some of Cole's 3 month clothes away in boxes and it made me so sad. His little life is just passing us by. I think the second baby grows up quicker! I'm glad your appt. went well and glad that Hunter is doing so well. Have a great weekend!