Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

VBS day 1


This morning I thought we were doing good on time and would be able to make it to church by 8:45, just 15 minutes later than I wanted to get there. Derrick was helping me get the kids in the car. He had gone out to put something in his car with Hunter and came in telling us about a dog in the yard. He showed it to Hannah out the window and she said there was a puppy in the yard. He took both kids while I was getting the backpack, my purse, etc. to get out the door. As I was getting ready to walk out the door I saw a HUGE dog walking through the backyard. I thought to myself, "If that dogs walks up to Hannah she is going to FREAK out!!!" About that times I heard her screaming and crying. I rushed out the door to find her in the car with the door closed crying very loudly. The dog was just standing by the car. I asked Derrick what happened. He said she saw the dog and was trying to get away from it and fell and scraped her knee. The dog was big, he came up to my waist, but he was very nice. I told him to sit and he did. He belonged to someone just a street over. He was headed to Mr. Tidwell's house by the time we got Hannah's knee cleaned up and we hope that he will take him home. Once we finally get to leave the house we turned on to Cane Ridge Rd and there was a turtle trying to cross the road, so we had to stop and help him across. Once we helped him and finally made it to Bell Rd I realized that my sunglasses were in my car and we were in Derrick's car. I called him and he was at a gas station on up the road so we made a stop by there to get my sunglasses. It was now 8:40 and we were no where close to being at church. I pulled up to church at 9:05. VBS starts at 9 and I was suppose to be there to cover tables and get my room ready and be at the workers prayer at 9. Needless to say I missed that and all my helpers had all the tables covered and were waiting on me. To top the whole morning off I felt terrible. I went to the walk in clinic yesterday because my throat and ears were hurting so bad. I have a double ear infection!!! I am not happy about it and want it to go away quickly. I put on my happy face and pretended that I felt great while I was at VBS.

Hannah said the best thing she did today was see Skippy and learn how ostriches talk to each other. Hunter was not a fan of being left, of course, but he did like all of the horses that were sitting around for decorations.


Today started a little crazy and never really got a lot better. VBS went great and the kids had fun. I have great helpers in craft. I did take one picture of the kids on/by the stuffed horse on our way out. I am too tired to upload the picture or write any more. I hope I feel better tomorrow and I will update about today and tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

So sorry that you are not feeling better yet. Maybe today with the medicine having a chance to get to working you will be on the road to recovery.

Sending prayers and big hugs your way.
Love you,
Nene