Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

we are getting better



Hannah took this picture of Buddy!! She said he looked happy.

Wow!!! We did not have the holiday weekend I had planned. I need to look back to see, but I think two years ago on/around the 4th Hannah was sick for several days. Hunter woke up Monday morning running a fever. It was 99.9 and he was really fussy. He had cried out a few times during the night, but never woke up. He just wanted to be held and kept laying his head down. That is not him at all. He does like to be held, but not as much as he did that morning. The nurse said to watch for other symptoms and see if anything changes. I did notice a rash around Hunter's mouth and in his diaper area. Around lunch time I took his temperature again and it was 100.5. I called back and told the nurse about the rash and the fever going up. She said to bring him in. I gave him Tylenol at 12:10 and when they checked his temp at the doctors office it was 102.2. He was pitiful!!!! The doctor said that he had a virus, that we had all given him. She said some people have a summer cold or a summer GI bug or blisters in their mouth. Poor Hunter got the blisters in his mouth. As soon as she looked in his mouth she said, Oh that is not good. I had a sinus and ear infection that I just finished medicine for on Friday, Hannah and Derrick got the stomach bug, so we had it all covered except for the blisters. I wish I could have had it for him. All day Monday and most of Tuesday Derrick and I took turns holding him and trying to keep him comfortable. I put him to bed at 8:30 last night and he slept until 9:30 this morning. I think all that rest was good for him. Derrick fed him some breakfast while Hannah and I went to story time. She did not want to miss it because she said she needed to see what movie Ms. Tori would show at the end and she needed to check out some new books. Hunter stayed up all morning and ate a little lunch. He did not fuss at all when I put him down for his nap. He slept from 1-5. When we woke up he was signing eat. I asked him if he wanted something to eat and he signed please. He ate cheese puffs, almost a whole jar of meat sticks, taco ring, tomatoes, and lots of watermelon. I ran to Target while the kids napped. I got Hunter two prizes, a new hat and his own water bottle. He loves Hannah's and was so happy to have is on. Hannah has been so sweet to him, like always, and prays each night that Buddy will be all better. We are very thankful that he is getting back to his old self. I hope that we are all over our sicknesses. Thanks for checking on us.

Aunt Lori gave Hannah this bee toy for her birthday a couple of years ago, I think, and it is still a hit. Hunter thinks it is great fun. He will pick the bee up and throw it the other way. He is also learning to move back from it so it will keep going. He is very good at problem solving.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

So glad Hunter is feeling better. They look like they are having fun.

Love, Nene