Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

reading and counting

I love to sit in my reading chair and read, which I do not get to do near as much as I would like. I am glad the kids are taking after me. Hannah and I sat and read 3 books tonight before bed. When she got up, Hunter got in to "read" with me. He loves to look at books quickly, but no time to read the words yet. Hannah is reading some sight words in the books we read. I am so proud of her. As much as I want her to read and be a good reader, it makes me sad that she will soon enough be reading a whole book to me. Hunter just likes to look for doggies in all of the books and any other animal. I think I count to three "at" him a lot. The other day I was counting "at" him and I said 1. He said, "2, 5, 6." Needless to say I had to walk away so I would not laugh at him in the middle of trying to discipline him. At least he is learning to count, right?

2 comments:

MeMe said...

You and Derrick have given me the most amazing grandchildren. I couldn't be more pleased and always love to hear the humorous and delightful stories that you generously share. So proud of them as well as their parents!

J Bussell said...

I am glad we aren't living there any more. Because if we were I don't think I could have gotten away fast enough to keep from laughing in front of him after he continued your counting. Hilarious!