Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hannah's 5 year check up

I took Hannah today for her 5 year old check up. I am still a little sad that our baby girl is 5. I did not tell her she had to go to the doctor until I picked her up from school. Of course the first thing she asked, "Do I have to get a shot?" I told her I was not sure we would have to ask Dr. B. I knew she had to get shots, but I was not sure how many, so I thought it would be best if she got that information from the doctor. She is growing and doing everything she should be at her age. She weighs 44 pounds and is 44 inches tall. Her blood pressure was good and she passed her hearing and visions test. The nurse asked her if she knew her letters to do the vision test. She quickly told her she knew all of her letters. She did great. I had trouble reading the line she read, with my contacts in. She thought it was fun to pee pee in the cup, but she did not want to hold the cup. It is harder than you think to catch pee pee for someone else, but we managed to accomplish the task. She talked to Dr. B for a little while and then she finished checking her out. She has had a little cold so I was glad we had this appointment. Dr. B said her ears looked great and her chest was clear. She also told me that if her cough gets worse in the next couple of days to call her back. She broke the news to Hannah that she had to get two shots. She told her the nurse would bring her a Popsicle and she could get a prize from the toy chest. She said ok and waited patiently for the nurse to come back in. When she came in she asked her if she could sit in my lap to get her shots. The nurse told her that was a great idea. She watched the nurse clean her arm. The nurse encouraged her to look away as she gave the shot and Hannah said no. She watched her give the first shot, no tears, she watched her give the second shot, no tears. WOO HOO!!!!! We made it through with no tears. As she was looking in the toy chest she asked the nurse if she could get two things because she wanted to take one to Hunter. She is so sweet to think of him. I told her he was too little for any of the toys. She happily ate her pink Popsicle and wore her new flower bracelet as we left. As we were leaving I stopped at the front desk to make Hunter' 2 year appointment. After getting high fives from the ladies up front and Dr. B for "being the bravest kid in the office all day" she got one more prize, a sticker. I asked her if she wanted something else for being so brave. She wanted Sonic. She got ice cream and a drink. Oh, I also got her official paper stating she has all of her shots and a physical so I can register her for kindergarten. Oh, how sad that makes me.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

What a big girl my granddaughter is in so many ways. I'm always so proud of you, Hannah. You are a dream come true for your MeMe. :-D