Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve



 Here are pictures of the mittens and candy cane cookies. Derrick took better pictures and some of the Christmas light cookies. I will have to get them from his camera.
 Meet the newest member of our family. I am kidding. This dog showed up this afternoon and is still here. He is sleeping on our back porch right at the door. He is really sweet and the kids love him. Papa went and bought him some food when we got home from church, dinner and looking at lights. We will see if he is still here in the morning. I am sure his family is missing him because he is a really great dog.
 Hannah helping bake cookies for Santa. She wanted to make the cookies we made at Chrissy's house when we went to visit her Thanksgiving a year ago. She calls them the college mate cookies. I am sure Santa will thank Chrissy for sharing this yummy recipe.
 Hannah and Kylie were excited to see each other at church this afternoon. Funny story about getting to church. I was in a panic that we were going to be late. We did not leave our house until 3:40 and I thought the second service started at 4. When we got off at the exit, almost to church, Derrick asked if I was sure that church started at 4? I told him not really, but I thought so. Well, I was wrong. It did not start until 4:30. Good thing we were there early because there were not seats left. It was a really good service. I think it is so special to get to go to church and celebrate on Christmas Eve. It makes me realize how blessed I am to have a relationship with Jesus. I am thankful he came as a little baby to die for my sins. It was also nice to have Papa with us to celebrate.



 We decided to have dinner at Logan's before going to look at Christmas lights. It makes me happy that the kids love looking at lights and get so excited.
 Hunter takes his shoes and socks off all the time in the car. I think he has the cutest little feet and love that he sits with his legs crossed in his car seat.
 Our sweet children.
 They were so excited to put our their reindeer food.
 I love that they both have gingerbread men on their pj's.
 We are a little sad that Tinsel will be going back to the North Pole tonight until next Christmas. We have had fun with her and look forward to her return next year.
 Hunter was checking out Santa's cookies. He said, "Yum, these smell delicious!" He is too sweet and says the funnest things.
Hannah was showing Hunter where Santa would come down the chimney.

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas Eve! We are looking forward to a wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments: