Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 1, 2012

a brave boy, a new do, a pre-K graduation

 Hunter started the day by sleeping until 8:40. If we could get Hannah to do this we would be in business.
 Hunter had this wart come up on his hand. We had tried to treat it with over the counter medicine but it was not working. When I took him for this three year old check up Dr. B said we should see a dermatologist to have it removed. I decided to wait until school was out to call and try to make an appointment. After calling a few doctors I was able to get him an appointment today. Of course it was during nap time, but he did great. The doctor told us we had three choices: freeze it, which would mean coming multiple times, numb it, cut it off and be done today, or put the beetle juice on it, let it blister up and it would take a couple of weeks to heal. Hunter had told me that he did not want the doctor to make it cold so I knew option one was out. I decided to go with option two.  I think the nurse and doctor were a little worried. I had been praying that that he would do great and asked a couple of other people to pray for him. He did AWESOME. He did not cry at all. He said that it felt like fire when she gave him the numbing shot. She had to cauterize it and when she told him that he asked what it meant. She said it was like a burn. He quickly told her to chainsaw burned his leg. She told him it would not hurt like that. I was so proud of him. He watched everything they did. I will admit that I kept my head turned. He does have a few little places under his bottom lip from where he would bite on the wart. We have a cream to put on three times a day and he will start an oral medicine three times a day Monday until they are clear. We have to go back in four weeks for her to see him again, just to make sure his face is all clear.
 Hannah hates for me to dry her hair. I was talking to Allison the other night about her hair being curly when it was wet. She said I should put mousse in it and let her wear it that way. We tried it today and Hannah loved it. I think he makes her look so grown up.
 The side/back view.
 Hunter's prize for being so brave.
 Hannah heard Allison say that Cooper had his Pre-K Graduation this week on Sunday at church. She asked me multiple times a day since then if we could go to his graduation. I told her I would ask Mrs. Allison if we could come. Mrs. Allison said that would be great. Hannah was SO excited. It was a great program/graduation. I know that Cooper will love kindergarten.
 After graduation we went to dinner and then to get ice cream.
 Hunter's hand with no wart. I think this picture makes it look a little worse than in person.
Loving his ice cream with jelly beans.

No comments: