Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

the rest of the day



 The teacher in me felt the need to take the kids to story time. I feel like I should do something educational with them. They were great during story time, but I cant say the same for the rest of the kids who were there. We may just go check out books the rest of the summer and have our own story time. Hannah was excited that Mrs. Tori showed Pete's a Pizza. They played on the playground for a little while after story time.
 As soon as we got home Hannah started reading her library books. It makes me a little sad that she can read them without me. She tells me that I can just listen. I do love listening to her read.
 Hunter was not interested in reading anymore stories. He wanted to string beads. I am impressed with his fine motor abilities. The beads were pretty small. It took him a while but he kept with it and got them all on.

 Hunter was still not a fan of swim lessons. He just kept crying and calling for me. He is good about still doing what Coach Jim tells him even through the tears.
 Kick, kick, kicking and crying the whole time.
 Look at that sad face. His face was as sad as Hannah's was happy.
It made me really sad that he was so unhappy but when he can swim we will both me glad I made him take lessons.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

Hang in there, he will overcome it. It is so hard when they can still see you and know you might cave when the coaches won't. My Mom would take us to the pool, leave and come back in an hour to get us, more because she was scared and wouldn't have made us stay if she thought we were. I am so glad she got us to swim lessons.