Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

 He is the best Dad in the world to our precious children. I could not ask for a better Dad for them!
 He really is happy, he had only been awake for about five minutes.
They had a great week with Grandpa Mike. I wish we could have seen Papa and Pop Pop today too. Our kids are blessed to have three wonderful grandpas. 

Hannah and Hunter were very happy to see their Dad this morning (they were happy to see me too, but Hannah was really happy to see her Dad). Hannah painted a sign and had a surprise for him in her room (the surprise was that she cleaned her room without being asked and she also had his present and card sitting on her bed). She wrapped his present herself and was so proud. Thanks to Grandpa Mike and Grandma Nene we were able to sleep in and they helped her get her surprise ready. Hunter gave lots of hugs, kisses and told him Happy Father's Day!


I gave Derrick his book last year for Father's Day because I had read Boys Should Be Boys by the same author. He is not a big book reader. I took this book with us on our trip. I only read it on the plane and I have about two and a half chapters left. It is so good. I am underlining and marking the things that really stand out to me. I will then give it back to Derrick and he can read the highlights. It is no secret that I am a Daddy's girl. Reading this book has made me really appreciate my Dad and the relationship we have. I pray that Hannah will have the same type of relationship with Derrick. I am in the middle of the chapter called Be the Man You Want Her to Marry. Derrick has a lot of the same qualities as my Dad, and for that I am thankful. They are both WONDERFUL men. I love you Daddy and thank you for being the example you are.

No comments: