Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

30, really????

I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I am 30 today. I do not want to be 30. I loved my twenties and want to still be 20 something. Despite the fact that I did not want to turn 30 I had a great birthday. Hannah came running in my room this morning and said mom let me tell you a secret. She whispered in my ear, "Mom today is your birthday." She had the biggest smile on her face. What a great way to start the day. My principal made me a chocolate pie, which she does for everyone for their birthdays. She is the best. My students thought it was neat that me and Mrs. McKendree have the same birthday. After school I picked up the kids and spent some time with them. I ended the day by going to dinner with the Bible study girls. I was given the 30 pin to wear while we ate. Allison wore it first when we went to the Beth Moore conference in Oct. They surprised me with a cake and sang to me. I love those girls!!! I need to embrace being 30 and as long as I have a positive attitude I know my 30 can be better than my 20's.

No comments: