Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Hunter's ear recheck and sad morning

I took Hunter back to the doctor this morning to get his ears rechecked. She said there was still some fluid in them, but it was clear so she was not going to give him any medicine. She did not hear any wheezing. We are going to keep praying that his ears and lungs will be clear and that he can be well for a while.

With that good news we went to get in the car to go take checks by both kids daycare. I put Hunter in the car, closed the door and went to get in. When I pulled the handle the door was locked. I looked in my purse for the keys and they were not in there. Yep, I locked my sweet bud and my keys in the car. I called Papa to bring me a key so I could get in the car. Thank goodness he was here for the weekend or I would have been calling a locksmith. Hunter was okay at first and then when he saw me he started crying. Papa got to us really quick so he was not locked in the car for long. I felt, and still feel, like the worse mom ever. I had just talked about locking keys with the car with Nene the other day. I called to let her know that I finally did it. Hunter must not have been too mad at me. As soon as I got in the car he stopped crying and went to sleep. Not how I wanted to start my day, but thankful Papa could come to our rescue. Thanks Papa!!

4 comments:

J Bussell said...

That happened to Allison once. I believe she was shopping at Opry Mills. I had to call my buddy, who works at AAA, to have someone let her in the car. If for no other reason, that's why we have AAA. Glad Papa was able to get to you guys quickly.

MeMe said...

As far as I'm concerned, you will always be the very best mom in the world to my grands. You have had a whole lot on your mind lately, too. I have a fear of doing that myself. Glad Hunter's ears looked clear and a lot better. He didn't seem to be coughing nearly as much this past week either. It is nice to have your parents nearby when you have an emergency and suddenly need them, though. :-)

Allison Bussell said...

I totally locked my kid in the car once too! It was AWFUL!!!! So glad to have you guys home, and looking forward to seeing you.

Mike and Nene said...

You are so not a bad Mom! Things happen everyday, if it had to happen at least you had Papa there to the rescue!

I am sure Hunter bug has already forgotten it, cause that boy sure loves his Mom!