Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ma Dot's funeral

Today was Ma Dot's funeral. It was really a sweet service. I think she is the best grandma ever, but I am partial. I saw lots of people today that I did not know and they all had great things to say about her. She lived out her faith every where. I know that many people will miss her. On the way to the grave side Hannah asked me why everyone was so sad. I told her that they were sad because MeMa had gone to live with Jesus. She said, in her 3 1/2 year old seriousness, she is not gone she is in the front car. I had to laugh. She has been good comic relief for me. She asked me what it meant to be buried. I tried to explain it to her. I will have to take her back the next time we come to SC to show her what MeMa is buried. I told her we could get flowers or something to put on her grave.

I am so proud of Hannah and Hunter. They were both so good the whole time we were have the visitation, funeral and grave side service. I could not have asked for any better.

Thank you for everyone for the prayers, calls, texts, FB messages, for keeping my kids, for the food, and for so much encouragement during this difficult time. I am so glad that Ma Dot did not have to suffer or spend any more time in the hospital, but wish she was still here with us. I know she is having and great time in heaven and that I will see her again one day. That will get me through the times I miss her the most.

2 comments:

LB said...

I've been thinking about you . . .

jenn said...

I've been checking in on you! We miss you at school but I'm so glad you're able to have this time with your family. THanks for posting- what precious memories for you and your family! Hannah is awesome! Continued prayers for all of you!
love, jenn