Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ma Dot

Today Ma Dot went to be with Jesus. We came to SC this weekend to see her and spend some time with her. Daddy called me last Friday, Jan. 8 and told me that she was in the hospital with double pneumonia. They found a mass in her left lung that they were concerned about. They did a test on Sunday and found out the mass was cancerous. I talked to Daddy, Mama, and Aunt Jan and they all said it would be best for us to come in this weekend. I got us all packed up and we left Friday night at 6:30 pm. We did not get in until 1pm (our time) and it was the longest ride to SC I think I have ever had. Saturday morning we got up and Derrick and I went to the hospital to see Ma Dot. I wanted to see her first before I decided what to do about taking Hannah to see MeMa, that is what she calls Ma Dot. I visited with her for a little while and asked her if she would like for me to bring the kids to see her. She said yes she felt up to it and she did not look bad to me so we came back and got the kids. Hannah was so sweet to her. She talked to MeMa, held her hand, and gave her a hug and kiss before we left. Hunter gave her some good smiles and waved to her. Ma Dot was all smiles. We did not stay long because she was getting tired. I went back to the hospital Saturday night. I got to spend some time with Ma Dot alone. I laid in the bed and talked to her for a while. It was a very special time for me and I think she enjoyed it too. Sunday we took the kids back up after lunch. Hannah did not have much to say to her and would not hug or kiss her. She did take her a picture she had colored and wrote her name and I love you on. Hunter was sleep and I laid him on the bed beside her. I think she enjoyed that. He slept and she held his little hand. Derrick took the kids home to nap and I stayed at the hospital. She had LOTS of visitors and I did not get to spend that much time with her. But I saw her several times and gave her and kiss and told her I loved her each time. She always smiled and told me she loved me. When Daddy and I got ready to leave I told her I would be back to see her in the morning before we left to go back to TN. She said ok and that she loved me. I got up this morning and was going to take Hannah with me to see MeMa before we left. Hannah decided that she wanted to stay and watch Micky Mouse, but said to tell MeMa hey and she loved her. I went on to the hospital alone. When I got there just Charlie was with her. He asked if I could stay a while so he could go home and get ready to is mom's funeral. I told him I would be glad to. I told Ma Dot that I would stay until 11:30 and then Linda would be there at 12. We talked some off and on. and when I left I told her I loved her and I would see her soon. She said she loved me and that she was going to take a nap. While we were eating lunch Mama called to tell me that Ma Dot had passed away. I was in shock. I had just left her and she was fine, it had only be about thirty minutes since I left. I was sad I left, but glad I was able to spend time with her this morning. I hate that Hannah did not go with me, but I would not have been able to stay as long as I did if she would have been with me. God knew I needed that time with her. When I left lunch I was upset and Hannah asked what was wrong. I told her that I had to go back to the hospital because MeMa had gone to be with Jesus. She said she thought her lungs were going to get better. I told her that when Jesus can't make us better on earth He takes us to heaven to make us better. She has prayed for MeMa's lungs to get better since we told her she was sick. She told me one night that Jesus had made Uncle Kyle's lungs better so He could make MeMa lungs better. She asked on the way to the hospital the first time why we had to go to the hospital to see her. I told her she was sick and that she might not get to go back to her house. She said, or she might. She has so much faith. I should be more like her. As sad as I am that Ma Dot has gone to be with Jesus I know that she is much better there than here. I have lots of good memories of her and I am so glad she she was able to spend time with Hannah and Hunter. Hannah loved her and I know she will miss her as well. I pray that everyone will focus on the good times they had with Ma Dot and how much she loved all of us.

Thanks for taking time to read this very long post. It is more for me, but I wanted Hannah and Hunter to have it as well.

1 comment:

MeMe and PopPop said...

Your long post was well worth reading and left me in tears for the ones I have also loved and lost too early with so many wonderful things left to share as a very special part of our lives together. You need to write your memories down as they will continue to come to you at different times. There will be things you have forgotten, and something will suddenly remind you of her. You miss them terribly, but we know they are forever a part of us. You will feel close to her, because she will always be a huge part of your heart and Hannah's. Hunter won't remember her; but she got to enjoy him for a short time, and he brought her much happiness. Think of something she dearly loved, and she will give you a sign to let you know that her spirit is always with you. May God bless you with her strength and compassion, and listen for her voice in your inner thoughts. As long as you remember her, she will never be far away from your life. We love you.