Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

the things he says

While I was putting Hunter to bed he said, "Mom you can't work on the beach. Call Dad and tell him to go to work and get off the beach." I agree 100%. I had shown him a picture Derrick posted and he was a little concerned that he was at the beach and not at work.

He has started telling us that he has three grandpas. He does not call any of them grandpa. I guess he says that because sometimes we say Grandpa Mike. He told me the other day that Nene was his granny. I told him I was not sure how she was going to feel about being call a granny.

When he was supposed to be napping last weekend he came to the kitchen holding a dead spider in his hand. I asked him what he as doing. He responded, "I was looking for my puppy by my bed and I found this spider that somebody deaded."

He is still talking about the Easter story. I think he really just likes to say crucify. He keeps asking when he can see Jesus. I tell him when Jesus comes back to Earth or when he dies if he asks Jesus to live in his heart. He does not like either answer. He sees that he wants to see Jesus now.

The other night he told me that he was going to make a video of the lightening "boat" and that I needed to put it on the blog for the grandparents to see. (One night while it was lighting Derrick let them record it on the iPad and he is obsessed with watching it and showing anyone who will watch it.)

Hannah loves to read and usually reads a book when we put her to bed. He has started doing the same thing. He is so serious when he is reading and he does not like for you to help him at all. He says, "I know how to read it myself."

His prayers at night are so sweet and so funny. He prays for some people/things very consistently and other nights he prays for very random things. I need to video him saying his prayers one night.  

I am sure there are more things he has said lately, but this is all I can remember for now.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

Ha Ha! I love it! Granny Nene has a certain ring to it :-)